7.15.2014

the making of Marigold:

It was a perfectly drizzly gray morning to whip up a sewing project today.
While the boys were out, and the babe slept... Azriel and I dove into my sewing corner and made this fun dolly.

The perks of being a 'craft hoarder' is that all you need is at your fingertips!
After a very fast sketch of what she wanted her doll to look like, I let her pick through my fabrics to decide which would *match* her drawing.

Obviously I did not have purple yarn on hand.. so she's an orange head. 

We've decided to call her Marigold.
 --------------------------------------------
Sewing with kids is really frantic fun.  You can talk to them about the importance of "patience" and "hard work" to get a good result.  The joys of creating instead of buying toys.
You just need to let go of the quality control in favour of quality time with your kiddo.

I think she turned out pretty sweet for a couple hours of cutting/stuffing/sewing/painting.  It was getting tough to do the final stitches when Azriel just kept hugging me and squealing "Oh mama, she's just SOOOOOO beautiful!!!"

win. win. 

(And yes, I totally was thinking of this website while we brought her drawing to life!)

Have a creative day friends,
Mel ;o)

 

5 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Sooooo cute! Made me smile so much! :) Way to go crafty Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i just whip up a doll on a cloudy day, I am positive pigs will be flying in the clouds. this is so cute/adorable/ridiculously crafty. you are an amazing mama and crafter!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww thanks, glad she brightened your day too!! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahaahhaaaaha.... ha!! And I blush, thanks lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an amazing mother artist designer xoxox I could hear Azi squeeling as I read this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!