3.31.2014

make.over

New tights.
New hair.
Closet purging.
Crafty planning.
What inspires a re-do or makeover in your life?
I usually have a post-pregnancy rebound where I want to purge.all.the.frumpy.clothes, dye my hair (and resist chopping it - since I *may* still be growing it longer) and reclaim all my weird and wacky styles of dressing (insert husband's groan here).

I guess it's part of the creative side wanting to 'vent' out again.
So yes, I got myself some silly funky tights.  Picked a very tame hair colour - reddish brown.  And attacked my closet with a purging fury.

Ok, I actually stink at purging.
Half my clothes wandered over to my 'fabric corner' to be used for future projects... lets keep that secret between us... shhhhhh.

Now clothing - as superficial as it is - is a funny bone of contention around here.
I've mentioned in the past my husband's dry witted attacks of my *style*.
So, while I like to dress as ridiculously as I have since I was five.. I still want to make the attempt to dress in a way that suits my love too.

Which is hard.
My eye seems drawn to every.thing he would find appalling.
"Ohhh... look - military coats!" I say.
He's not sure why I want to join the armed forces.

"Ohhh... lace, doilies... pretty pretty!" I say.
He's again confused why I want to wear a granny's tablecloth.

"Ohhh... denim shirts/chambray tops... me want!" I say.
"Are you a homeschooling frau?" he wonders.
 
The list goes on... as does his quips and retorts.

When I throw my hands up and say there's no other options left, he says he actually likes most of what I wear!  Huh?  Like I said, it's an endless cycle of amusement and silliness for us.
 -----------
Anyway, most of what I wear needs an overhaul right about now.
Everything is about two sizes too big, or too small.
I think this third baby hasn't let me 'bounce back' as quickly to my original size (or maybe it's the fistfuls of chocolate I consume?).
 ----------------------

And, spring, spring makes me want to purge!
To shake the moths out of my closet.
Maybe I should start some summer sewing.. of skirts.

I'll keep you posted on how that goes over with my man. ;o)

Thinking Spring, thinking fresh starts!
What are you purging or re-doing lately?

Mel ;o)

 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Yes, I'm purging over here too. Want to burn all my pregnancy clothes. I love your new tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in a parallel universe don't we? ;o) Come visit real soooon!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also purging my closet and contemplating making some skirts. Maybe out of my scrap pile. I never seem to get that pile any smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also purging my closet and contemplating making some skirts. Maybe out of my scrap pile. I never seem to get that pile any smaller.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!