1.20.2014

7th heaven shortbread... as sweet as it sounds:


 Let's start the week off with a sweet note, shall we?
Yeah.. I know, I post a baking/food recipe about once a year (and for some reason it tends to be shortbreads)... but this is my mmmmmmmmarvelously delicious delight of late, so I'm sharing it.

I sure hope you're all done with the New Years diets, this treat is not for the calorie counting kind.  I wouldn't recommend it if your diabetic either... it's basically a mash up of all things sweet and sugary!

You may recall I like my recipes stupid easy and simple to execute, so you'll see why this recipe is a winner with me:

CRUST
1 cup flour
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 cup cold butter.

Stir flour with icing sugar, grate the cold butter in, blend together (I use my hands) and press in to a 9x9" baking dish.

This is your shortbread base.  Bake at 350. for 20mins... or until golden.  Let cool.

LAYERS
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1/2 cup toffee bits/chips
1/2 cup white chips
1/2 cup chocolate chips.

Layer each of these over the shortbread base.  Then pour an even coat of Sweetened Condensed Milk(300ml) over the top.

Bake at 350. for another 20-30 mins.. until golden again!

Best if shared with friends.. over a tall glass of cold milk.
I tend to cut mine up in to bite size cubes and stick them in the freezer for a daily pop of sweetness!

Have a delicious day friends,

Mel ;o)

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmmmmm.... your recipes always look and sound so yummy! i want. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. heehe, thanks C, the sweetness is doubled when shared I guess... I best just avoid the dentist altogether! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!