12.31.2013

this little light of mine.

It's New Years Eve.
The familiar 'pops' of cheap fireworks are lighting off around our neighbourhood.

Bang!
Fizzz....
Silence.

Bang! Fizz. Silence.

On the eve of a fresh new year, we tend to grovel in resolutions for change - tend to reflect back on the year fizzing out in smoke behind us.

Not to be (too) morbid with you - but I'm picturing our lives as a sparkler.
 Here for a moment - a flash of dazzling light - snuffed out in another moment.

Or, as Scripture would put it: "your life is a vapour" James 4:14.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to waste it.

 I trust that as this new year begins with one small step.. we would each be stepping in the direction of showing more kindness towards one another.
Loving more, judging less.
Reading more, watching less.
Listening more, talking less.
Trusting more, worrying less.

Much to grow in, much to prune away.

Or, back to the sparkler imagery... "this little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine".

Happy New Years friends,
Mel ;o)
 

2 comments:

  1. wise words my friend, wise words. happy new year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..now for me to LIVE by them.. ;o) thanks sweets, happy new year to you guys!xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!