5.01.2013

here + there.

breakfast (floor) picnic.
cuteness + curtains.
still painting...
...and painting some more.
mossy forest wandering.
homemade avocado maki (sushi).
lace + light.
--------------
Well here we are, another week another peek at the moments in our nest.
I can't tell you how intoxicating it is to finally have the windows all open in the house!
I love those warm summer-scented breezes blowing through... and we've been out savouring that sunshine as much as we can (since every other day is still spring showers).
 ----
 As you can see, I'm still in the process of getting some new paintings ready for another show.
Mark you calendars for May 13th (just after Mother's day)... I'll have a whole group of new skyscapes to show here for over a month at Black Honey Cafe.
It's always great for me to work on a bunch of paintings at once... as it frees me to try new approaches/techniques/experiments.  I'm enjoying the process!
 ----
We went for another family hike yesterday.
Ben heard a garter snake shuffle off in the dry leaves... I quickly shuffled the opposite direction.
I'm a total snake weenie....  even at the zoo, I want to barf if I see that sucker slithering up the glass!
I love nature, just not so much the creepy crawly parts.
Despite our best efforts to encourage 'nature loving' with our kids... it's still like torture.
We pretty much have to drag Azriel through the woods, as she whines and squeals for the walk to be over already (you know, after like two steps in...).
Sometimes we just want to find the nearest hollow log to stuff her in, but she's too cute to leave behind: Ben had her convinced we were going to spot a gnome, and she was so eager to have tea with it!
---- 
In other news, I always like to link to my guy's latest blog post(s) since they are better written than anything I could spout off about.  For those of us seeking to live out a 'reasonable faith', his latest post carries the one-two-punch of comedy and conviction (here).
----
Soooo, how's your week treating you there, friend?
I'd love to have a tea and hear how your world is spinning.

hugs,
Mel ;o)

5 comments:

  1. Claudia Guerreiro1 May 2013 at 07:49

    i soooo hear you with the snakes! i am not a fan of snakes either. also, you just made me so very hungry with that sushi picture. hope Azriel finds the fun in nature walks soon. our week has been great so far! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gypsy in Jasper1 May 2013 at 11:03

    What a bummer that the kids aren't into nature. What a strange thing to dislike. Ha. I get the snakes, though.


    Good luck with your paintings. I have mine proudly displayed above my craft table. I've had many a compliment on it since it arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah.. kids are funny.. she'll happily tear around if there's a slide/swings etc.. but if it's just the utter agony of having to *walk* from point a - point b, well that's another thing! lol So glad you found a lil' spot to nestle that painting in! ;o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah.. I try to be 'tough' but I see them slither and it makes me breakdance (unintentionally).
    Ben's parents say he was the same way with hating nature hikes as a kid, lets hope it grows out of this gal real fast - it's our favourite pastime! You ARE having the week of weeks there!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to hear that you are working on some new painting for the Black Honey cafe! Wonderful! I should be in Peterborough when you show is up. Hopefully I'll be able to swing by and see it!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!