5.31.2013

A.musing.mama! 1.5

The saturday morning comic is back again (life had been a bit hectic lately...!).
You can catch up on the past series of sketches here if you'd like.

So yeah, this week's comic is fairly true.
Ever notice how 'us' young parents are zealously convinced that we've got this 'parenting thing' all figured out - and for our own parents to even suggest advice is enraging.. irritating?  Or was that just me?  Maybe we/I'm too eager to prove that I'm a big girl now.. and can figure this raising kids assignment out without any help from them, thanks very much. 
But yeah, it's pretty dumb, and prideful of me.

Considering how well they raised me... after all, c'mon I'm practically *amazing*.... I should really be taking notes from them!

It's a wonderful, amazing, helpful gift to have Grandparents in your kid's lives.
I'm super grateful that they're in our corner... and the kids are crazy about them too.
(Like, literally every morning Azriel wakes up and says "are we going to see Grandma and Grandpa today?" repeat every five minutes allllllllll day!).

So yeah, Grandparents for the win!
And, thanks to my parents for enduring all my notes/schedules/rules/hints and other patronising behaviour towards them as I try to ensure they're equipped to 'care' for our kids.

Silly mama,
Mel ;o)


3 comments:

  1. Super cute! As usual. :)
    Hope you had a great weekend!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh thanks sweets! Eager to hear about your craft show too!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicola Rothmann5 June 2013 at 05:01

    You hit the nail on the head!

    You are waaaaay talented.
    Hope you enjoyed your time with the Bakerman!
    L&L

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!