11.15.2012

pretty as a popsicle.

One of the many challenges of parenting:
shoving the proper nutrition in to your kids face
getting them to eat healthy!
Our daughter is often a picky eater... with the appetite of a small canary most days.
(While the other days she has an insatiable hunger and whines for snacks 24/7).
 How can we say 'no' to those puppy eyes?!
One of her favourite treats: Popsicles (which she calls "Pah-sicles").
Which mama calls - camouflaged nutrition!

We throw a pile of fruit, milk/yogurt, SPINACH in the blender.
Mix.
Pour in to ice cube tray.. snip up some straws to stand in each cube.
Freeze.
Fruit Smoothie Popsicles at the ready.

Daughter Azriel thinks she's getting a treat,
but mama knows she's getting the good stuff.

The messy goodness.
(Should I say how often I think she looks like a toddler zombie? Ha!).

Here's to good health - and the sneaky ways we achieve it sometimes.

Mel ;o)

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant. I'm going to send this to my brother who has PICKY PICKY little men.


    I hope you start to feel better, my friend. I send lots of cozy blankies, tea, cold water and healthy thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing ~ happy to help any parent 'outwit' their kids taste buds. ;o) Thank you for the sweet thoughts.. feeling slightly more recovered today from the flu plague... just keep sleeping zzzzzzzzzzzzz! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea!!!
    And here I was looking for the best affordable popsicle mould.
    Thanks for showing me that I actually have one.
    Hope you feel better!
    L&L and some healing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha.. there you have it mama! ;o) Glad to help... lol
    We're better from the bug.. but not the kids-waking-thru-the-night-sleepless-madness! :oP

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!