5.30.2012

picture lined walls...

Well, it's been almost a year since we've toured the hall.wall of fame memories at our nest.
I thought it would be fun to show you the progress here...

This is our stairway wall... and I love the idea of collecting special memories and mementos here to remember with every passing.
#1. A collection of the fake flowers from my parents wedding bouquet (I turned into a flower crown).
#2. An old pipe glued to a decorative board (ode to Ben's delight).
#3. Still love this idea: staple lace around a frame - tuck a sweet book of poetry inside!
#4. Cheap gold frames I painted white/sanded and put our portrait in.

I've also added the photo collage frames of our wedding day and Azriel's first year. 
I want pictures to keep growing up the hallway the longer we live here... (heaven help us when we move though!) 

Other wall decor of late: We scored a 'poster book' of the original drawings for Alice in Wonderland.  I'm planning on mounting a number of our favourite illustrations on foam core and making an arrangement on our upstairs hall wall.  
For now, Azriel gets to have a cute one in her play corner.

Yes, if I had my way.. (um... I think Ben allows that usually!) every wall would be pretty much covered in creative inspiration.

Ben often sarcastically retorts as I'm hammering one more thing up:
"Lord forbid there's a bare inch left anywhere!"...

Yep, that's what you get for loving me, mister.
A nest bursting with hoarded clutter creative decor!

Thankful for a patient husband,
and walls that are strong enough to hold up my passions.

Mel ;o)

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to savor the memories. Here`s another lovely idea of how to organize the frames (of my fellow blogger):
     
    http://www.littlethingsbringsmiles.com/2012/06/corner-gallery-part-1.html

    Aleksandra

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Yes, I love it!  Thanks for that link too... quite an impressive arrangement, a patient planning person can pull that off beautifully! ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!