2.14.2012

love is...

Love at this nest is not seen in Hallmark Valentines cards...
...it's in the hand-painted masterpieces of a toddler for her Daddy.
When I asked her what she was painting him for Valentines, Azriel said ..."a dragon"...with potato-stamp hearts around it... perfect. 

Love at this nest is not all sugar n' spice...
...it's being smeared in the snot n' tears of a sickly toddler who has clung to me for the last 24 hours... (unless there's a paintbrush in her hand).

Love at this nest is not seen in over-indulgent gifts (though I wish I could spoil Ben!)...
...it's in hand-crafted felt fortune cookies and love notes. 
*If you're still looking for a quick valentines project: my owl heart treat bags have been featured all over the blogsphere. 

Love at this nest is not a one-night stand...
...it's an enduring commitment, a choice to stand by my man through the thick and thin.
Ben is my heart,
my bread-baker
our 'dough'-maker
he cracks me up daily with his wit,
he builds me up daily with his warmth,
... but he wouldn't want me to go on here. 
 In fact, it's because I love him I don't feature him more on this blog... he's not a fan of the spotlight.  

This nest holds my heart... my husband, our daughter, our baby-to-be.
I thank God for each of these deposits of His love in my life.
Not just on Valentines Day.. but every day.

heart-full mama,
Mel ;o)

3 comments:

  1. you've got me in tears over here! Oh the love.  All I made Steve was heart shaped pancakes. Oh ya, and gave him 2 bottles of beer. And a card, I painted that makes him look like a lion with his hair and beard all attached.
    Love you mellie and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always handmade my cards for my family since I was a child and now I have the same tradition with my husband. It means so much more that way :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always handmade my cards for my family since I was a child and now I have the same tradition with my husband. It means so much more that way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!