5.01.2011

Latest works!

"damask delight [detail]"
 Hot off the press.. canvas!  Here's one of my latest paintings I've been working on this past week.  You may remember how inspired I get from Alphonse Mucha... and this piece was a tribute to his style... and a response to the damask wallpaper pattern (seen below) I love.

In my previous post you would have seen a picture of me just starting this piece.  I had a lot of fun breaking away from my 'skyscapes' painting to do more of this illustrative style again.

For the next 3 months this lady and many other paintings will be nesting in at Parkhill on Hunter restaurant.  Take your Mom there for lunch next weekend... I'm sure she would love you if you bought a painting (as would I!)... tee hee.


If you want to see more of my latest paintings... check them out here.  I'm excited to get this show up tomorrow... (although the 'maternal-artist' part of me is sad to see my 'babies' go).  Hope you get a chance to walk by... push your face against the glass.. and see my works... 
or.. save a few bucks and go have a delicious meal there too!
Happy Sunday y'all.

Mel :o)

3 comments:

  1. my_girl_thursday1 May 2011 at 13:49

    Wow Melissa! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, thanks so much! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an old post, but I just saw it now- Amazing! I love this. I have a book of Alphonse Mucha's work and I love that style as well. Very nice Mel!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!