4.03.2011

my guy.


 My husband's birthday is coming up, tomorrow in fact.  I want to dedicate this blog post to him.  As one small example of how wonderfully supportive and sweet he is to me - he bought me this book I have been drooling over for months.  You may remember my recent post about Alphonse Mucha and his beautiful art.  Well, Ben got a gift card to Chapters, and being the kind heart he is he said "I could get a book for each of us (our daughter too)".  I tried to argue that it was his birthday money to spend on books he loves.  I thought I had him convinced.  He went out to shop with it.  I came downstairs later to find this book on the table, and a tantalizing glass of this Muskoka Summer Weiss. (He also bought a Mercer Meyer collection for our daughter). I love this guy.

 Ben
i love you.
you hold my hand
and my heart so tenderly.
your wit is as dry
as the choicest of wine
and I get drunk off you.
you're not just our
bread-maker
and
bread-baker
your our soft place to fall
our strength to stand.
our daily delight
our kiss goodnight.
i thank God for you.

 "I am thinking it's a sign that the freckles
In our eyes are mirror images and when
We kiss they're perfectly aligned
And I have to speculate that God himself
Did make us into corresponding shapes like
Puzzle pieces from the clay."
Such Great Heights. The Postal Service.

 ... we sure are cute for two ugly people...
xoxo
happy birthday.
(no exclamations were used in the making of this post.... that's for you babe.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!