4.27.2011

3 eggs in our nest : [egg. 3. creativity]


Last but not least, the third and final chapter of this "3 eggs in our nest" edition.
Previous posts covered our family's goals of sincerity, and hospitality... and the final pursuit of our nest is embracing creativity.

Creativity is one of the quickest ways to get your heart out into your hands.  I used to run an art studio for youth and saw firsthand how creativity can give voice to so much of what often lies hidden within.   There is beauty in creativity... because it is 'truth-telling'.  Now some of you may think you aren't creative because 'you can't even draw a stick-person'...  but maybe you can arrange fresh spring flowers in a way that brings beauty to your home.  Maybe you can make a meal look like a masterpiece... or tie your hair with a special flair.  We can all find ways to bring beauty into our days I believe.  
I want to teach my child to be creative, to look at the world with wonder (or maybe she teaches that more to me!)... and embrace beauty around her.

I hope you've found these posts helpful and hopeful for inspiring you to grow as a person/family.
Feel free to share any 'goals' or 'rhythms' you pursue in your life...I'd love to hear them.

Creatively yours,
Mel ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by our nest, I love to hear from you!